Sunday 20 January 2013

Enligtening, Idle Chatter

We had a long chat on the phone. I speak to this friend once a month or so, so there is a lot to catch up on.
She is not feeling too motivated at the moment. She is happy, but with regards to her career she feels flat and resigned to the fact that all her hard work and passion that she has put into her vocation, will not bear any fruits.

I talked first, filled her in with my latest news and then listened. She was feeling very demotivated about her career, but resigned. A lot of sweat and tears have gone into her passion for many, many years.
She said very clearly that she found anyone trying to persuade her to keep going, very irritating and that made her very angry. She was getting angry as she spoke. 
I chuckled and said that maybe it was better for me to go then. She chuckled with me. She was not talking about me. 
I listened some more and then suddenly I spoke words that resonated with her truth. I had had time to tune in and so gently but clearly said to her:
"You have put a lot of effort into this, the energy has accumulated some place and it's bound to come back to you, but if you are closed down to receive it, you won't be able to have it."
"Maybe you have associated asking with being kicked one too many times, and so it keeps re-occuring. To shut down has become your only defense. All your hard work is there waiting for you to reap the rewards. If you spend a bit of time in reflection you might be able to find out what is blocking you from getting what is rightly yours."

She was very quiet. I continued "It's an energy shift within. Once you do that, the outside world will align with the inside. It's not the other way round." "Also, you know that it's a soul choice to experience what we do. Find out why you made your choice and change it."

It did not feel that I was preaching and she listened.

When we speak from a place of connection with the other person, we are connected to their truth and they 'hear it' because it resonates. Had I spoken from my ego, and from a need to preach she would have probably hang up on me.

After almost an hour we said good bye and it felt like we had connected on a deep level. It was a nice feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment