Thursday 24 January 2013

A Good Haircut

After many years of cutting my own hair, and a couple of attempts with different hairdressers, I decided it was time to go to a stylist. They are a bit pricier but they are worth every penny. I did my research to find a good salon and took the plunge. 
On a very cold January afternoon I turned up half frozen at this very unusual place in the heart of town. A team of stylist busy with their clients was scattered around in various rooms, unlike the usual hairdresser salons. It was an experience every bit of the way. The Spanish stylist that looked after me, chatted with me very knowledgeably about the style I had in mind and how he would work it on me. A very young chap then took me downstairs for the shampoo, and I asked him if he had had to learn head massage too to wash hair. He chuckled telling me that they are trained, Japanese style to wash hair like if you are in a spa. Fine with me!

Back upstairs in the capable hands of Fran, who started to chop away happily; parting my hair, smoothing, lifting, checking, all the while engrossing himself in conversation with me on different topics. As I watched him working away, I started to see my hair taking the shape that I had longed for, and visualised in my head for weeks. A smile soon turned into a grin from ear to ear. I could barely contain my excitement. It felt so good to know that I was in the hands of a very confident stylist.
He understood totally what I wanted, 'he heard me' and then took over with his expertise.
It's a bit like when I have a healing session with someone, they tell me what the problem is and then I get down to work, using my healing tools very skilfully until we crack it.

Chopping away, it took a good forty minutes of undivided attention and finally the masterpiece emerged. I was so happy!!! He was pleased. His colleague came up to us and paid us both compliments. Fran felt obliged to say that he had done a good job also because I had good hair. I took the compliment and was thrilled to bits with the results. I walked to the receptionist who smiling, complimented me on how good it looked and I paid without batting an eyelid the hefty bill. I even bought a bottle of hair stuff, at a ridiculous price!

Having a good haircut always makes anyone feel very good. But it took me a couple of days to realise what had got me so excited. It was the fact that I had done my homework, I had visualised for weeks what I wanted, and then when the time was right I followed my instincts and the results were magnificent. The haircut in the end became just the means through which I experienced a state of connectedness. And this is what we experience when we want to do something; first we connect and then we wait for the right time to take action.

I am still smiling. This piece of information is going to be invaluable for many other things waiting in the pipeline.

Have a wonderful connected day!


No comments:

Post a Comment