Thursday 19 January 2012

It Was Just a Mouse

The persistent, rustling noise was coming from the floorboard. I woke up suddenly. I switched the light on, thinking it was the cat, but the room was empty. The noise stopped and a chill went down my spine. I froze with fear. We had been talking over dinner about a restless spirit in the house. Immediately I thought that's what it was.

I laid in bed with the light on, waiting for the noise to start again. I was scared more than necessary, but I had one similar experience a long time ago, so my reaction was justified.
I wanted to get up and call my friends but I was too scared to move. I decided to do a little healing instead.
If there really was a restless spirit in the room, it would be more helpful to facilitate its release instead of running around screaming. So I did.
Breathing deeply I did what I normally do, using my healing, mental tools.  After about fifteen minutes I drifted off back to sleep.

I don't know much time had passed when I was awakened again by the same noise. This time I was not scared (I guess the healing helped) and a thought struck me; "It's just a mouse".
A house in the country with a very good, hunting cat, what else could it be but a mouse under the floorboard? I smiled at my sudden realization and at the fact that the gripping fear had totally vanished.

I was left with some questioning though. Was it just a mouse? Or was it a mouse and a spirit using the mouse to attract my attention, asking for help? (Hence the intense fear.)
We laughed about it over breakfast, but I still wonder!

2 comments:

  1. This is quite fascinating. Didn't you want to check under the bed? I like the sound of your mental healing tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. No, it did not even occur to me, also because the sound was definitely coming from the floorboard under the wardrobe, and I was too scared to check anyway!

    ReplyDelete